- More direct communication with customers, suppliers, and other business partners are now commonplace in warehouses. As a result, a dirty and disorganized warehouse may turn away potential customers.
- An organized warehouse increases efficiency, which enables businesses to find and remove waste in their operations. In addition, a company can better manage its warehousing procedures with an organized warehouse.
- Read this blog post to discover how to manage the space in your warehouse to increase revenues.
- How can you make your warehouse space more efficient?
How can you make your warehouse space more efficient?
Calculate the amount of storage space you utilize in your warehouse:
- Step 1: Estimate the total amount of storage space in your warehouse
- Step 2: Analyze the current setup to determine the maximum storage capacity
- Step 3: Analyze potential warehouse storage areas
- Step 4: Calculate how much space you are using for storage – All necessary data will be accessible if you use a WMS. When you don’t use a Warehouse Management System, you must manually estimate your inventory to determine how much storage space you need.
Reduce the amount of space in the aisles:
Make sure your KPIs are up to date:
- Inventory carrying costs: the price of keeping inventory in storage for a specific time frame. You must consider several carrying charges when calculating the carrying cost of inventory, including capital expenses, storage costs, service costs, damage costs, and obsolescence costs.
- Achieving storage productivity: decide how much merchandise is kept in each square foot of your warehouse.
- Utilization of space: determine how much space the inventory takes up concerning the total storage capacity of the warehouse.
- Inventory Turnover: find out how quickly an item moves through your warehouse. It counts the instances during a given time when an inventory was sold and replenished.
- Inventory-to-Sales Ratio: Determine whether your warehouse is equipped to withstand unforeseen storms. It gauges how much inventory you carry with the number of sales orders being filled.
Choosing the right warehouse technologies can make all the difference:
- Decreased manual labor
- Improved productivity
- Increased shipping cost accuracy
- Future capacity planning
- High-level quality control
- Improved slotting and cartonization
- Hardware that requires no maintenance and a user interface that is easy to use
- Data storage and customization options are endless
- Effortlessly recoup revenue
Autonomous guided vehicle:
Benefits of deploying autonomous guided vehicles:
- Eliminates the possibility of structural and product damage
- Enhanced workplace safety
- A less expensive alternative to fixed automation systems
- An increase in inventory efficiency
- Reduction of human error
- Cost reductions in the labor force